80 DeKalb Avenue, between Hudson Avenue & Rockwell Place
Information & AppointmentsEmail Leasing Office 718-222-3552
Pricing Info For DKLB BKLN
- Studios from $2,920*
- One bedrooms from $2,700*
- Two bedrooms from $4,295*
- 2010Year Built
For More Information
DKLB BKLN, 80 DeKalb Avenue please contact:
Overview of DKLB BKLN, 80 DeKalb Avenue
This 34-story apartment tower at 80 DeKalb Avenue in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn is one of the best looking in the city.
Its stepped form presents a handsome, very nicely proportioned silhouette and its shiny metal façade panels give it a stream-lined appearance that is nicely between the extremes of Deconstructivist designs and the simplistic, rectilinearity of conventional post-war modern architecture.
It was designed by Costas Kondylis & Partners, one of the city’s most prolific high-rise residential architects and it is one of his very best designs.
The building is known as DKLB BKLN, a name/logo snazzy enough for its architecture whose serrated façades at its base contrast dramatically with the sharp, ship-shape appearance of the setback tower. The overall visual effect is of a superbly crafted, futuristic battleship.
The fenestration patterns on its long façades conjure vertical, floating fuel gauges. Each of the long façades have 6 "indentations," three of which have two large vertical glass elements. The three large glass elements are stepped in relation to each other.
The developer is Forest City Ratner who commissioned Frank O. Gehry to design the enormous and controversial Atlantic Yards project nearby and the very tall rental apartment and public school skyscraper at 8 Spruce Street in Lower Manhattan. Mr. Gehry, who is widely regarded as the world’s best architect, was subsequently replaced at Atlantic Yards but the stainless-steel rippling façades...
Features & Amenities
- Attended Lobby
- Hi Rise
- Post War
- Central AC
- Health Club
- Roof Deck
- Valet Parking
- Fitness Center
- Excellent views
- Bicycle room
- Roof deck
- Valet parking
- High ceilings
- Attended lobby
- Some terraces
- Open kitchens
- Washers and dryers
- Not far from subways
- Many apartments
- No apartment fireplaces
DKLB BKLN, 80 DeKalb Avenue Featured In:
More New York City Apartment Buildings
- East Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- West Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- Midtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 34th to 59th Streets
- Downtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings including Chelsea, Greenwich Village, West Village, East Village, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, NoLita and Tribeca
- Financial District/Battery Park City Apartment Buildings
- Upper Manhattan Apartment Buildings from 125th to 207th Streets
- All Buildings All Manhattan Apartment Buildings