At the Northeast Corner of 64th Street
Information & AppointmentsEmail Us Call 212.755.5544
Info & Ratings - Overview
- Building Type: Cooperative
- Located in Park/Fifth Ave. to 79th St.
- #19 rated co-op in Manhattan
- #11 rated co-op - East Side
- 1931Year Built
834 Fifth Avenue, which overlooks Central Park, opened in 1931.
It is 16 stories tall and contains only 24 apartments, allowing for exceedingly spacious residences. The smallest unit is a generous 4,000 square feet, while the largest is roughly 12,000 square feet. Many of these are duplexes and triplexes and while few of them are alike, they all share such features as sweeping and well-organized layouts with long galleries, huge libraries, elegant staircases, lush finishes, oversized windows and universally high ceilings that are a minimum of 11 feet. Setbacks on the higher five floors create terraces for many of the upper apartments, most of which also have working fireplaces.
834 Fifth Avenue has a canopied entrance that is manned by a doorman and 24-hour concierge service. Designed by the city’s preeminent apartment architect, Rosario Candela, it is one of his most successful developments and has attracted celebrities and business titans over its storied history.
Features & Amenities
- Elevator Man
- FT Doorman
- Pre War
- Washer/Dryer in building
- A supremely elegant and expensive address
- Many duplex apartments
- Many views of Central Park
- Very few apartments
- Elevator person
- Very spacious apartments
- Convenient to midtown
- Pre-war construction
- Directly across from entrance to Central Park Zoo
- Fifth Avenue traffic
- Fifth Avenue parades
- No health club
- No recreational roof
- No balconies
- No garage
834 Fifth Avenue Featured In:
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, City"
- "Top 10 NYC Apartment Buildings Designed by Rosario Candela"
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, East Side"
- "Top 10 Facade Ornamentation"
- "Top 10 Pre-World War II Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Fifth Avenue Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Italian-Renaissance Palazzo Style Apartment Buildings"