345 South End Avenue, between Liberty Street & Albany Street
Information & Appointments
Pricing Info For 100 Gateway Plaza
- Two bedrooms from $2,740*
- 1983Year Built
For More Information
100 Gateway Plaza, 345 South End Avenue please contact:
Overview of 100 Gateway Plaza, 345 South End Avenue
This complex, which consists of three 34-story towers and three smaller buildings with a total of 1,712 apartments, was the first component to be built at Battery Park City. The buildings were completed in 1983.
This 7-story building at 345 South End Avenue has 98 apartments.
The project was designed by Jack Brown and Irving E. Gershon for The Lefrak Organization, which had been famous for its huge Lefrak City apartment complex in Queens and which would later be a major developer in Jersey City directly across the Hudson River from Battery Park City.
The development was not universally admired: in their book, "The A.I.A. Guide to New York City, Third Edition," (Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1988), Elliot Willensky and Norval White rather harshly described the buildings as "the scullery maids of Battery Park City residences." They did add, however, that "the central green space (except for the enclosed pool), however, is quite pleasant." Abel, Bainnson & Associates were the landscape architects.
While the complex’s architecture is spartan, almost Brutalist, it is not as pedestrian as many "white-brick monstrosities" and it has spectacular views.
Early residents, of course, suffered a very real lack of amenities at Battery Park City apart from views, but that situation changed dramatically with the completion of the awesome World Financial Center and its glorious Wintergarden, all designed by Cesar Pelli for Olympia & York, and the adjacent North Cove Marina.
It could well be...
Features & Amenities
- FT Doorman
- Post War
- Central AC
- Full Service Garage
- Video Intercom
- Health club and pool
- Valet service
- Adjacent to North Cove Marina
- Many apartments
- No balconies
- Not close to subway
- Pedestrian access to Lower Manhattan is limited to a few bridges
100 Gateway Plaza, 345 South End Avenue Featured In:
More New York City Apartment Buildings
- East Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- West Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- Midtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 34th to 59th Streets
- Downtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings including Chelsea, Greenwich Village, West Village, East Village, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, NoLita and Tribeca
- Financial District/Battery Park City Apartment Buildings
- Upper Manhattan Apartment Buildings from 125th to 207th Streets
- All Buildings All Manhattan Apartment Buildings