375 South End Avenue, between Liberty Street & Albany Street
Information & Appointments
Pricing Info For Gateway
- Studios from $2,600*
- One bedrooms from $3,000*
- Two bedrooms from $4,500*
- 1982Year Built
For More Information
Gateway, 375 South End Avenue please contact:
Overview of Gateway, 375 South End Avenue
The first residential development in Battery Park City, Gateway Plaza consists of six buildings - three 34-story towers, two 7-story buildings, and one 6-story building - with a total of 1,712 apartments just to the south of the North Cove for large yachts.
It was completed in 1983 by The LeFrak Organization, Fisher Brothers and the Olnick Organization and designed by Jack Brown, the in-house architect for the LeFraks.
It is a gated-entry development with landscaped plazas and some retail and commercial spaces.
The slab towers front on Battery Park City’s impressive promenade along the Hudson River and have doormen, on-site parking, two-story-high lobbies, fitness centers with swimming pools and spectacular views of the New York City Harbor, the Statue of Liberty and the Jersey City skyline.
The addresses are 335, 345, 355, 365, 375 and 385 South End Avenue.
In their excellent 2006 book, "New York 2000 Architecture and Urbanism Between The Bicentennial And The Millennium," Robert A. M. Stern, David Fishman, and Jacob Tilove devoted an entire chapter to Battery Park City and several pages to the Gateway Plaza development:
"By the mid-1970s, Battery Park City was perhaps the most visible symbol of New York’s stalled economy. In March 1976, state comptroller Arthur Levitt, having completed a yearlong audit of the Battery Park City Authority’s financial condition and prospects, questioned whether the project should be dramatically reshaped or even terminated. When it was first...
Features & Amenities
- FT Doorman
- Hi Rise
- Central AC
- Full Service Garage
- Health Club
- Washer/Dryer in building
- Mail Room
- Prime location at Battery Park City
- Overlooks North Cove Large Yacht Marina
- Health club
- Gated entry to enclave
- Many apartments
- No balconies
- No roof deck
Gateway, 375 South End Avenue Featured In:
More New York City Apartment Buildings
- East Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- West Side (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 59th to 125th Streets
- Midtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings from 34th to 59th Streets
- Downtown (Manhattan) Apartment Buildings including Chelsea, Greenwich Village, West Village, East Village, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, NoLita and Tribeca
- Financial District/Battery Park City Apartment Buildings
- Upper Manhattan Apartment Buildings from 125th to 207th Streets
- All Buildings All Manhattan Apartment Buildings