- Size Starting From # avail
- 4 Beds $13,750 2
- Last updated Aug 09, 2016
View all for rent
You already saved this building to your portfolio.We will email you when new apartments in this building become available.
Nearby Subway Stations
- Lexington Av (at Lexington Ave and 63rd) (0.50 miles)
- 68th Street - Hunter College (at Lexington Ave) (0.31 miles)
The Knickerbocker Overview
This 21-story, red-brick building was erected as a condominium in 1996 and has 75 apartments.
It has a three-story limestone base with rusticated keystones and very nice air-conditioner grills on the third-story that unfortunately are not used for the other floors.
The building, which has one setback terrace, has a revolving door entrance beneath a large marquee that leads to a double-height lobby with beveled glass, a chandelier and a concierge. The building has consistent fenestration, but no garage and no sidewalk landscaping.
Schuman Lichtenstein Claman & Efron was the architectural firm for the development.
Parker East 72nd St. Assoc. LP, of which Adam Glick is a principal, was the developer.
With its central Upper East Side location, the building is very convenient to many restaurants and good neighborhood shopping and there is good cross-town bus service.
It is not too far away from Sotheby's, the auction house, on York Avenue, but the nearest subway station is several blocks away on Lexington Avenue at 68th or 77th Streets.
The Knickerbocker, 308 East 72nd Street Photo Gallery
Features & Amenities
- FT Doorman
- Hi Rise
- Post War
- Basement Storage
- Central AC
- Washer/Dryer in building
- Children's Playroom
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Entertainment Space
- In-Unit Washer/Dryer
- Live-In Superintendent
- Terraces / Balconies
- Impressive base of building with fine detailing
- Large entrance marquee with taxi sign and side lanterns
- Elegant lobby
- Attractive street
- Good cross-town bus service
- Convenient to many restaurants
- No balconies
- Considerable traffic on Second Avenue
- Bulky structure