1 West 72nd Street At the Northwest Corner of Central Park West
Information & AppointmentsEmail Us Call 212.755.5544
- Info & Ratings
- Available Apartments (2)
- Sold Data
- Aerial Video & Imagery
- 1882Year Built
Perhaps the most famous New York City condominium building, the Dakota at 1 West 72nd Street has long been home to celebrities because of its spacious residences, prime Central Park location and storied history.
The Dakota sits just to the west of Central Park and sports an instantly recognizable façade. It was constructed in 1884 and, though it has undergone extensive renovations, still maintains much of its original character. Units range from 3 to 10 rooms and many have fireplaces; residents are also granted access to a private center courtyard.
A white-gloved, full-time doorman greets owners and guests at the Dakota, which offers expansive Central Park views and concierge service. It is also located near many notable restaurants and retail stores.
Features & Amenities
- FT Doorman
- Pre War
- Legendary address
- Very spacious apartments
- Very high ceilings
- Sensational Central Park views
- Prestigious resident roster
- Impressive entrance
- Large center courtyard with fountain
- Four separate lobbies at corners of courtyard
- Many fireplaces
- Impressive wainscoting
- Several blocks from cross-town buses
- Tourist attraction for John Lennon fans
- Busy intersection
- Not close to supermarket
The Dakota, 1 West 72nd Street Featured In:
- "Top 10 New York City Apartment Buildings for Viewing the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade"
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, City"
- "Top 10 Inspiring Manhattan Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Apartment Buildings Architecturally, West Side"
- "Top 10 Pre-World War II Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Central Park West Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Buildings with Driveways"
- "Top 10 Most Stylish Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, West Side"