211 Central Park West, between West 81st Street & West 82nd Street
Information & AppointmentsEmail Us Call 212.755.5544
- Info & Ratings
- Available Apartments (3)
- Sold Data
- Aerial Video & Imagery
- 1929Year Built
Situated at the corner of Central Park West and 81st Street, the very distinctive Beresford overlooks the park.
Opened in 1929, the 23-story Beresford rises from a massive 40,000 square-foot corner lot and comprises three buildings within its expansive shell, each with its own ornately decorated entrance – at 1 and 7 West 81st Street, and at 211 Central Park West. It is distinguished by its three towers, an arrangement that limits the number of apartments on each floor to two or three.
The 175 apartments are large, with ceiling heights ranging from 10 feet on the lower ﬂoors to 12 feet on the upper, terraced ﬂoors. Many were designed as duplexes and most have ﬁreplaces. The Beresford was one of the ﬁrst in the city to have glass-door showers with multiple shower heads and some bedrooms are as large as 18 by 28 feet.
Amenities include an interior courtyard containing a fountain and a garden, private storage rooms, laundry rooms and a health club. It is situated in a premiere Central Park location and also overlooks the American Museum of Natural History.
Features & Amenities
- FT Doorman
- Pre War
- Basement Storage
- Full Service Garage
- Health Club
- Roof Deck
- Washer/Dryer in building
- One of the city's grandest and most desirable addresses
- Spectacular, protected views from most apartments
- Lavish lobbies
- High ceilings
- Elevators are shared by few apartments
- Roof deck
- Central Laundry Room
- High traffic as 81st Street is entrance to cross-town Central Park road
- Tourists flocking to nearby American Museum of Natural History
The Beresford, 211 Central Park West Featured In:
- "Top 10 NYC Apartment Buildings Where Santa is Likely to Land"
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, City"
- "Top 10 Apartment Buildings Architecturally, West Side"
- "Top 10 Buildings with Park views"
- "Top 10 Watertank Enclosures, West Side"
- "Top 10 Pre-World War II Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Central Park West Apartment Buildings"
- "Top 10 Penthouses/Terraces"
- "Top 10 Views"
- "Top 10 Most Prestigious Co-ops, West Side"
- "Top 10 Residential Buildings Designed by Emery Roth"